17 September 2010

Hurghada, Egypt



Hurghada is one of the many beach resort areas along the Red Sea.  We left Cairo at 12:33 and arrived 6 hours later...we survived the bus ride, it wasn't bad at all.  Desert all the way with a view of the Red Sea to our left.  The Red Sea is massive, so I wanna know how did Moses part this sea?  It had to be a miracle!  Our hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the bus station, passing many many hugh resorts all owned by either the Germans or the Russians, we talked with an Egyptian from Luxor, our next destination, who says they are all rude and not interested in the Egyptian culture at all.  No pictures from today's travel.
I think I have failed to mention until now how all of the Egyptians think Dom and I are Egyptian and when they find out we are from America they smile a big smile and then say Obama and Michele!!!
I wish someone would enter a comment so that I know you all are reading our post, we're trying to keep you posted.
By the time we reached Hurghada we were exhausted from the hot sun and crowded traffic ridden streets of Cairo, it was time for some R&R.  I was so excited I was beside myself, I just wanted to get myself into the Red Sea!  How many stories have I heard about the Red Sea, and I was actually there, unbelievable! Well, the next morning I could hardly contain myself I just wanted to get in the water.  When I got up close being the non swimmer that I am I felt anxious and unsure.  The water was massive and the tides were rough and was afraid to go to far from shore so we stayed in just a little while and then just sat on the beach in the chaise lounge and watched the water.  The next day I was determined to go snorkeling, after all that is all I talked about before we left the US.  We got in that boat, we put on our life jackets and as the boat sailed further out I became more and more anxious.  When we finally reached our destination I was thinking to myself, "self, you are not going into that water".  I watched as other experienced swimmers jumped off the side of the boat (showoffs), but there were a couple of ladies that refused to get in, the whole time I am trying to convince myself to get in.  Finally I said to myself, "self, you've come this far you have to get in", so I did, but I got right out.  I watched the others for a while and then I decided to take the plunge and Oh Boy, the things I saw underwater!  Absolutely beautiful, a whole another world!!  We went Snorkeling in the RED SEA!!!
We spent 3 nights here and just relaxed so all of the photos are of the Red Sea and our hotel, we ventured out of our hotel on our last night there and just took a walk


The Red Sea in the background

Our hotel in Hurghada, Egypt





The hotel next door

I thought the lighted domes on top of the hotel were pretty



.




The Red Sea





The hotel next door during the day; those are the domes that are lit at night.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Obama and Michelle! Cecilia and I have been posting. Don't you see our other posts? The Red Sea parting was a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb: I just got on to post-all I can say is wow! I have invited some others to share your journey! Tell me about the food!

    ReplyDelete